Camping in Mawmluh Village
Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night
Mawmluh Village in Sohra is one of the area's oldest settlements and it also provides overnight camping. Enjoy overnight camping in Mawmluh village and spend some quality time with your friends and family.
Check-In: 11:00 AM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Tour Type: Private Tour
- Visit Cherrapunji's amazing Mawmluh Village
- Spend an overnight camping trip with your loved ones at Mawmluh
- Relax in front of the warm campfire that has been specifically arranged for you
- Have the pleasure of sleeping in a tent in peaceful forest surroundings
Camping in Mawmluh Village Itinerary
- Arrive at Mawmluh Village in Cherrapunji and check in to your tent.
- Spend some time strolling in the local villages.
- Witness the Mawmluh village and its beautiful greenery.
- In the evening get back to your tent and enjoy overnight camping in Mawmluh Village with a warm bonfire arranged for you.
Overnight camping in Mawmluh Village
- Get up and enjoy your breakfast.
- Return to your hometown with fond recollections of this wonderful camping experience.
How To Reach Mawmluh Camsite
You can reach Mawmluh village campsite by taking a car or state transport buses from Shillong which takes almost 56 km (2 hr)
Things To Carry
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Wipes and Toilet Paper
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Good Quality Shoes
- Valid Identity Card
- E-Invite from Meghalaya Tourism App
2000 per person
Package price may vary at the time of booking.
- Accommodation on a twin or triple sharing basis (Customizable) with Complimentary Breakfast.
- Camping and Bonfire Arrangements
- Meals other than what is included
- Personal drinks, laundry, porterage
- Cost of optional services or activity
- Things which are not mentioned in inclusions
- Travellers visiting Meghalaya are required to register on Meghalaya Tourism App and generate an e-invite.
- You can download the Meghalaya Tourism App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- No reimbursed will be made against missed services.
- Travellers are required to show their valid identity card and the booking voucher at the time of check-in to the campsite.
- You should not consume alcohol or other intoxicants during your tour.
- Unmarried couples are not allowed to stay in one tent.
- Transportation including pick up from and drop to the campsite is not included in the package. ·
- The menu for dinner is not fixed and may vary depending upon availability.
- In case of bad weather conditions, if camping may not be feasible, we will try to arrange a homestay for you and it may incur extra costs payable by you. In the event of non-availability of homestay, the camping booking shall stand cancelled with applicable refunds.
- There may be some days/months during monsoon when private camping may not be available. In that event we will arrange normal camping for you and the amount difference shall be refunded to you within 7(seven) business days in your bank account.
- In case of any unforeseen situation which is beyond our control including bad weather conditions, political disturbance etc., we may change your camping itinerary or dates of travel.·
- Parking will be chargeable at Rs.30/- for 2 wheelers and Rs.50/- for four-wheelers.
- Kajaawa is a booking platform and may not be able to monitor the activities in the campsite.
- You must not litter on the campsite and throw it in the dustbin to maintain the area clean.
- The campsite does not have locker facilities so you may keep your valuable belongings with you inside your tent.
- Water activities must be performed with life jackets, gears and equipment under expert supervision.
- In case of bad weather conditions, water activities may not be possible and may get cancelled. In that event, you will get a refund of the payment made for the activity.
- You can reschedule the booking free up to 3 days prior to your arrival, subject to the availability of tents.
- You have to pay 50% of the total tour cost at the time of booking.
- After paying 50% you will receive an invoice of your payment and booking confirmation details.
- There shall be no cancellation charges if cancellation is made 3 days before the date of tour.
- 30% of the total cost as cancellation charges, if cancelled 1-3 days before the tour.
- 100% of the total cost as cancellation charges, if cancelled 0-1 day before the tour.
- 100% of the tour cost has to be paid on the day of arrival.
- There shall be a refund of 100% if cancellation is made 3 days before the tour.
- Refunds will be processed within 7 (seven) business in the customer's bank account.
Frequently Asked Questions on Camping in Mawmluh Village, Cherrapunji
Yes, the camping package includes breakfast, which is offered complementary to the guests.
Indian and Asian breakfast is provided to the guests at Mawmluh Village.
Yes, bedding, blankets, and pillows are given for your camping trip and are included in the camping package.
Yes, a campfire arrangement is made during the camping.
Yes, there is parking space available inside the Mawmluh Village Campsite.
You can keep your belongings inside your tents, but in case of valuable items you can keep it with the campsite owner.