Mesmerising Tour of Shillong, Cherrapunji and Dawki
Duration: 6 Days / 5 Nights
On your first day of your Shillong Cherrapunji and Dawki Tour you will be visiting the splendid lake of Meghalaya, the Umiam Lake. Go for a full day excursion to Cherrapunji and also trek the wonderful Double Decker Root Bridge. Explore villages like Mawlynnong and Mawphlang during your tour.
Places Covered: Shillong(2N), Cherrapunji(2N), Mawlynnong(1N)
Tour Type: Family Tour, Sightseeing Tour, Group Tour
- Sightseeing of the beautiful Umiam Lake in Barapani
- Enjoy clicking pictures on marvellous Mawkdok Dympep Valley
- Get mesmerised by beautiful waterfalls like Wei Sawdong Falls, Seven Sisters Falls and Dainthlen Falls at Cherrapunji
- Visit mysterious Mawsmai Cave and also the Arwah Cave
- Trek the amazing Double Decker Bridge
- Explore the local places and markets in Cherrapunji
- Witness the crystal clear Dawki River and Mawlynnong Village
- Get a chance to see the Indo-Bangladesh International Border
- Take a drive to Mawphlang Village and visit the Khasi Sacred Forest, Khasi Sacred Village and the Khasi Sacred Groves
- Lately get mesmerised by the beauty of Shillong by visiting Shilong Golf Course, Ward’s Lake and the Botanical Garden
Mesmerising Tour of Shillong, Cherrapunji and Dawki Itinerary
- Pickup from Guwahati Airport/Railway Station.
- En route witness the biggest man made Lake ‘Umiam Lake’
- Evening checks in your hotel to get a peaceful sleep.
Overnight stay in Shillong
- Eat a splendid breakfast and head to Cherrapunji.
- En route visit the marvellous Mawkdok Dympep and enjoy clicking photos and admiring its beauty.
- Witness the spectacular waterfalls of Cherrapunji like Wei Sawdong Falls, Seven Sisters Falls and Dainthlen Falls, Nohkalikai Falls.
- In the evening visit and explore Mawsmai Caves and the Arwah Caves.
Overnight stay in Cherrapunji
- Wake up early and after a delicious breakfast get ready for the day.
- Trek to Double Decker Root Bridge which is approximately 3 hours long trekking, one way.
- Start from Nongriat which is the starting point of the trek.
- Trek down around 3000 steps until you reach Tyrna.
- Witness the astounding Double Decker Living Root Bridge at Tyrna and spend some marvellous moments there.
- Refresh yourself from the naturally chilled water of the pool below the bridge.
- Later trek back to the starting point which will take around 2-3 hours.
- After a tiring day, we will drive you to your hotel for a restful sleep.
Overnight stay in Cherrapunji
- Just after your breakfast, you will leave for Dawki River and Mawlynnong Village.
- En route, you will get a glimpse of the Shillong Plateau.
- Following a short trek reach the Living Root Bridge of Riwai.
- Further, visit the clear and spotless water of the Umngot River.
- Later you will go to the Indo-Bangladesh Border and even go for a boat ride.
- End of the day we will drop you at the Hotel/Homestay in Mawlynnong till the next morning.
Overnight stay in Mawlynnong
- Early morning, have your breakfast and gets ready to take a tour of Mawphlang Village.
- Visit the Khasi Sacred Forest, Khasi Sacred Village and the Khasi Sacred Grove in Mawphlang village.
- A forest is an ideal place for those who are in love with nature.
- Afterwards, we will drive you to Shillong to visit Elephant falls and Shillong Peak.
- Over and above that you will head to see the beauty of Shillong.
- Witness the beauty of Shilong Golf Course, Ward’s Lake and the Botanical Garden in Shillong.
Overnight stay in Shillong
- Check out from the hotel with all the awesome memories of your Meghalaya Trip and you will be dropped to your dropping point at Guwahati.
- Shillong: Hotel Rainbow/ Sky View Guest House/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: Cordial Lodge/ JMS Lodge/ Similar
- Mawlynnong: Seta Stay Inn/ Benjamin Homestay/ Similar
- Shillong: Hotel Sapphire/ The Golf Retreat/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: The Cresent Hotel/ Cafe Cherrapunji/ Similar
- Mawlynnong: Seta Stay Inn/ Hala Tyngkong Stay Inn/ Similar
- Shillong: Ri Kynjai Hotel/ Hotel Heiga VNS/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: Jiva Resort/ Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort/ Similar
Things To Carry
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Wipes and Toilet Paper
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Good Quality Shoes
- Valid Identity Card
- E-Invite from Meghalaya Tourism App
21,400 per person
23,900 per person
40,400 per person
Package price may vary at the time of booking.
- Accommodation on a twin or triple sharing basis (Customizable) with Complimentary Breakfast
- Transportation with Driver for 10 hours each day
- Tour and Sightseeing
- Parking Charges and Toll Tax
- Entry Fees of all sightseeing spots
- Breakfast in places other than the hotel provided
- Personal drinks, laundry, porterage
- Cost of optional service or activity
- Tour Guide
- Extra Usage of Vehicle
- Driver, hotel or restaurant tips
- Things which are not mentioned in inclusions
- Travellers visiting Meghalaya are required to register on Meghalaya Tourism App and generate an e-invite.
- You can download the Meghalaya Tourism App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- No reimbursement will be made against missed services.
- Travellers are required to show their valid identity cards at the time of check-in to the hotel.
- You should not consume alcohol or other intoxicants during your tour.
- The vehicle allotted for the tour will be available as per the itinerary and not for general disposal.
- In the Northeast, generally, vehicles like Sedan do not have carriers. You are advised to carry one bag per person. Kindly give us prior information in case you have more luggage.
- Delay in arrival due to many reasons including flight reschedules shall have to inform to us at an earliest and in case of any sightseeing spot missed due to any delay including spending more time in one sightseeing spot, will not be refundable.
- Kajaawa will provide accommodation as per the hotels in the list and in case the listed hotels cannot be provided for any reason like unavailability, scheduled or general maintenance, accident at the hotel, risky road conditions due to bad weather or political disturbance, similar hotels will be provided and you will be informed about the changes in advance.
- In Deluxe and Premium Tour Packages, we will generally arrange Deluxe and Premium Hotels but in interior places, we will arrange Homestays, Guest Houses or Standard Hotels as Deluxe and Premium accommodations may not be available in the interiors for any reason.
- In case of any unforeseen situations which is beyond our control including bad weather conditions, political disturbance etc., we may change your itinerary or dates of travel.
- Travellers may have to bear additional expenses in case of natural calamity including situations like change in the hotel, change in tour date etc.
- You have to pay 50% of the total tour cost at the time of booking.
- After paying 50% you will receive an invoice of your payment and also booking confirmation details containing your detailed travel itinerary and hotel information.
- 25% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 30 days before the tour starts.
- 50% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 15-30 days before the tour starts.
- 100% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 0-15 days before the tour starts.
- 100% of the tour cost has to be paid 1 (one) week before the tour starts.
- Refunds will be processed within 7 (seven) business days in the customer's bank account.