5 Days Meghalaya Offbeat Tour
Duration: 5 Days / 4 Nights
This is an offbeat Meghalaya Tour that is packed with adventure and sightseeing. This tour involves trekking to the Double Decker Root Bridge, Mawphlang and Nongjrong Village excursion. Along with adventure, you will also have sightseeing of some of the amazing tourist attractions in Shillong.
Places Covered: Shillong(3N), Cherrapunji(1N)
Activities: Sightseeing, Trekking
Tour Type: Family Tour, Group Tour, Adventure Tour
- Witness the amazing Umiam Lake
- Explore the local Tribal culture of North East Region
- Trekking to the Double Decker Living Root Bridge, Cherrapunji
- Witness the Mawphlang Sacred Forest and the Khasi Sacred Village
- Get mesmerised by the wonderful sunrise view of Nongjrong Village
- Visit Elephant falls, Shillong Peak and the beautiful garden of Wards Lake, Lady Hydari Park and Shillong Golf Course
5 Days Meghalaya Offbeat Tour Itinerary
- Upon Arrival, at Guwahati you will be greeted by our representative.
- Coming to Shillong you will visit the amazing Umiam Viewpoint.
- Later then you will be taken to Don Bosco Museum, there you can see local tribal cultures.
- On your way to your hotel you will be taken to another amazing museum which showcases many beautiful butterflies.
Overnight stay in Shillong
- Early in the morning, you will be taken to Cherrapunji to visit Double Decker Root Bridge.
- Trek down 3000 steps to visit the Living Root Bridge.
- Witness the mountains, greenery and small root bridges of the area.
- Spend some time listening to nature and clicking photos for your memories.
- Underneath the bridge is a pool where you can refresh yourself with its cool water.
Overnight stay in Cherrapunji
- Just after your breakfast, you will visit Mawphlang village, where you can pay a visit to Mawphlang Sacred forest and the Khasi Sacred Village.
- Visit the alluring greenery of Khasi Sacred Forest.
- Then you will be taken to grand Laitlum Canyons where the landscapes and canyons are stunning.
Overnight stay in Shillong
- The next day have your breakfast and get a drive to Nongjrong Village.
- After reaching Nongjrong Wait for the glamorous sunrise and its view.
- The place looks amazing during sunrise as the clouds float over the Nongjrong valleys.
- Spend some time there and have your meal before heading towards Shillong.
Overnight stay in Shillong
- Have breakfast and get a ride to the engaging Elephant falls and Shillong Peak.
- Visit Wards Lake, Shillong Golf Course, Lady Hydari Park and spend some time in these beautiful places.
- In the evening you will be transferred to your dropping point for the return journey.
- Shillong: Hotel Rainbow/ Sky View Guest House/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: Cordial Lodge/ JMS Lodge/ Similar
- Shillong: Hotel Sapphire/ The Golf Retreat/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: The Cresent Hotel/ Cafe Cherrapunji/ Similar
- Shillong: Ri Kynjai Hotel/ Hotel Heiga VNS/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: Jiva Resort/ Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort/ Similar
Things To Carry
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Wipes and Toilet Paper
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Good Quality Shoes
- Valid Identity Card
- E-Invite from Meghalaya Tourism App
17,520 per person
19,600 per person
35,550 per person
Package price may vary at the time of booking.
- Accommodation on a twin or triple sharing basis (Customizable) with Complimentary Breakfast.
- Transportation with Driver for 10 hours each day
- Tour and Sightseeing
- Parking Charges and Toll Tax
- Entry Fees of all sightseeing spots
- Breakfast in places other than the hotel provided
- Personal drinks, laundry, porterage
- Cost of optional service or activity.
- Tour Guide
- Extra Usage of Vehicle
- Driver, hotel or restaurant tips
- Things which are not mentioned in inclusions
- Travellers visiting Meghalaya are required to register on Meghalaya Tourism App and generate an e-invite.
- You can download the Meghalaya Tourism App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- No reimbursement will be made against missed services.
- Travellers are required to show their valid identity cards at the time of check-in to the hotel.
- You should not consume alcohol or other intoxicants during your tour.
- The vehicle allotted for the tour will be available as per the itinerary and not for general disposal.
- In the Northeast, generally, vehicles like Sedan do not have carriers. You are advised to carry one bag per person. Kindly give us prior information in case you have more luggage.
- Delay in arrival due to many reasons including flight reschedules shall have to inform to us at an earliest and in case of any sightseeing spot missed due to any delay including spending more time in one sightseeing spot, will not be refundable.
- Kajaawa will provide accommodation as per the hotels in the list and in case the listed hotels cannot be provided for any reason like unavailability, scheduled or general maintenance, accident at the hotel, risky road conditions due to bad weather or political disturbance, similar hotels will be provided and you will be informed about the changes in advance.
- In Deluxe and Premium Tour Packages, we will generally arrange Deluxe and Premium Hotels but in interior places, we will arrange Homestays, Guest Houses or Standard Hotels as Deluxe and Premium accommodations may not be available in the interiors for any reason.
- In case of any unforeseen situations which are beyond our control including bad weather conditions, political disturbance etc., we may change your itinerary or dates of travel.
- Travellers may have to bear additional expenses in case of natural calamity including situations like change in the hotel, change in tour date etc.
- You have to pay 50% of the total tour cost at the time of booking.
- After paying 50% you will receive an invoice of your payment and also booking confirmation details containing your detailed travel itinerary and hotel information.
- 25% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 30 days before the tour starts.
- 50% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 15-30 days before the tour starts.
- 100% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 0-15 days before the tour starts.
- 100% of the tour cost has to be paid 1 (one) week before the tour starts.
- Refunds will be processed within 7 (seven) business days in the customer's bank account.