Double Decker Root Bridge Trek with David Scott Trail
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Take a hiking trip to the Double Decker Bridge and David Scott Trail to bring back some special memories from Meghalaya, the land of serenity. During this tour package, you will have the opportunity to see the wonderful Umiam Lake. In addition to seeing the incredible Double Decker Root Bridge, you will also trek to Lad Mawphlang and camp nearby the Dawki River with your friends or family. If you meander through the valleys, greenery, streams, pools, and quaint villages you will find bliss.
Places Covered: Shillong(1), Cherrapunji(2)
Activities: Sightseeing, Trekking
Tour Type: Group Tour, Adventure Tour
- Enjoy sightseeing in the beautiful Umiam Lake, Shillong
- Visit the beautiful scenic view of Shillong peak and Elephant Falls
- Trek to Lad Mawphlang, also known as David Scott Trail, is an approximately 16 km trek
- Witness the amazing Double Decker Root Bridge
- The Double Decker Root Bridge is about 5 hours trek
- Boost your adrenaline with this amazing trek
Double Decker Root Bridge Trek with David Scott Trail Itinerary
- The tour starts from your arrival at Guwahati airport/ railway station.
- Drive to Shillong and witness the beautiful Umiam Lake which is almost 80km from Guwahati.
- Check-in your hotel in Shillong and have a relaxed sleep.
Overnight stay in Shillong
- Wake up early, have your delicious breakfast in your hotel and start your tour to Mawphlang Village.
- Start your trek from the starting point to Mawphlang village which is popularly known as David Scott Trail.
- Explore the Mawphlang village and spend some time with the locals.
- After trekking, you will be picked from Lad Mawphlang and drive to Cherrapunji.
Overnight stay in Cherrapunji
- After your breakfast, you will head for a day-long adventure.
- You will be taken to the Double Decker Root Bridge which is an amazing living root bridge.
- Trek down about 3500 steps to reach Double Decker Root Bridge at Tyrna which almost takes 3 hours from starting point.
- Walk among the stunning natural surroundings, crossing pools en route, cross the bowing bridge, and watch the astounding Double Decker Root Bridge.
- Thereafter you can also trek to see the beautiful Rainbow Falls.
- Later in the evening, you will be taken to Cherrapunji for an overnight stay.
Overnight stay in Cherrapunji
- After your Mouth-watering breakfast, drive to Shillong.
- Visit Elephant falls and the beautiful scenic view of Shillong Peak
- Thereafter you will be dropped to Guwahati airport/ railway station.
- Shillong: Hotel Rainbow/ Sky View Guest House/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: Cordial Lodge/ JMS Lodge/ Similar
- Shillong: Hotel Holiday Hills/ The Golf Retreat/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: The Cresent Hotel/ Cafe Cherrapunji/ Similar
- Shillong: Ri Kynjai Hotel/ Hotel Heiga VNS/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: Jiva Resort/ Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort/ Similar
Things To Carry
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Wipes and Toilet Paper
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Good Quality Shoes
- Valid Identity Card
- E-Invite from Meghalaya Tourism App
13,900 per person
15,400 per person
27,500 per person
Package price may vary at the time of booking.
- Accommodation on a twin or triple sharing basis (Customizable) with Complimentary Breakfast.
- Transportation with Driver for 10 hours each day
- Tour and Sightseeing
- Parking Charges and Toll Tax
- Entry Fees of all sightseeing spots
- Breakfast in places other than the hotel provided
- Personal drinks, laundry, porterage
- Cost of optional service or activity
- Tour Guide
- Extra Usage of Vehicle
- Driver, hotel or restaurant tips
- Things which are not mentioned in inclusions
- Travellers visiting Meghalaya are required to register on Meghalaya Tourism App and generate an e-invite.
- You can download the Meghalaya Tourism App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- No reimbursement will be made against missed services.
- Travellers are required to show their valid identity cards at the time of check-in to the hotel.
- You should not consume alcohol or other intoxicants during your tour.
- The vehicle allotted for the tour will be available as per the itinerary and not for general disposal.
- In the Northeast, generally, vehicles like Sedan do not have carriers. You are advised to carry one bag per person. Kindly give us prior information in case you have more luggage.
- Delay in arrival due to many reasons including flight reschedules shall have to inform to us at an earliest and in case of any sightseeing spot missed due to any delay including spending more time in one sightseeing spot, will not be refundable.
- Kajaawa will provide accommodation as per the hotels in the list and in case the listed hotels cannot be provided for any reason like unavailability, scheduled or general maintenance, accident at the hotel, risky road conditions due to bad weather or political disturbance, similar hotels will be provided and you will be informed about the changes in advance.
- In Deluxe and Premium Tour Packages, we will generally arrange Deluxe and Premium Hotels but in interior places, we will arrange Homestays, Guest Houses or Standard Hotels as Deluxe and Premium accommodations may not be available in the interiors for any reason.
- In case of any unforeseen situations which is beyond our control including bad weather conditions, political disturbance etc., we may change your itinerary or dates of travel.
- Travellers may have to bear additional expenses in case of natural calamity including situations like changes in the hotel, changes in tour date etc.
- You have to pay 50% of the total tour cost at the time of booking.
- After paying 50% you will receive an invoice of your payment and also booking confirmation details containing your detailed travel itinerary and hotel information.
- 25% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 30 days before the tour starts.
- 50% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 15-30 days before the tour starts.
- 100% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 0-15 days before the tour starts.
- 100% of the tour cost has to be paid 1 (one) week before the tour starts.
- Refunds will be processed within 7 (seven) business days in the customer's bank account.