Camping in Sohbar
Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night
Sohbar Campsite is located at a distance of about12 km from Cherrapunji and is nearby the Wahrew Arch Bridge. It is riverside camping where you will get the best experience of camping beside the river under the open sky. Riverside and its surroundings are green and clean with no pollution making it one of the best places for Camping in Meghalaya. Along with Camping you can enjoy boating and swim under the supervision of experts. The campsite is equipped with toilet facilities. The Sohbar campsite staffs are friendly, polite and helpful. You can experience a comfortable tent stay with a bonfire, meals and breakfast Sohbar. The beauty of the Sohbar Campsite is further added by the majestic Wahrew Arch Bridge.
Check-In: 11:00 AM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Activities: Camping, Snorkeling, Swimming, Kayaking, and Boating
Tour Type: Adventure Tour, Group Tour
- Enjoy the serene atmosphere at Sohbar Campsite.
- The riverside offers a rejuvenating camping experience.
- Boost your adrenaline with water activities like Kayaking, Snorkeling, Swimming and Boating
- Spend your night with a bonfire under the sky and beside the river.
- Enjoy your breakfast with a glance at the greenery and the river.
Camping in Sohbar Itinerary
- If you reach noon you can have lunch or else gear up for water activities.
- Enjoy Snorkeling, Swimming, Kayaking, and Boating under experts guidance.
- Later in the evening relax and warm yourself in the bonfire with tea and snacks.
- After dinner spends some more time in the bonfire under the open sky.
- Get inside your tent and have a sound sleep
Overnight camping in Sohbar
- Enjoy your breakfast on the riverside
- Pack your bags with memories and check out from the campsite.
- Kayaking involves manoeuvring a kayak over water. This form of paddling differs from canyoning by the manner in which the paddler sits and the number of blades on the paddle. Kayaking in Shnongpdeng is an adventurous activity. The 20 minutes experience would be your best adventurous moment on an inflatable kayak.
- Kayaking will individually cost 500/- per person.
- Cliff jumping is an adventure where we jump with a life jacket into the river without any equipment. It is an activity where an individual jumps from a 20-30 metre high hill or cliff.
- Cliff Jumping will individually cost 500/-per person.
- Swimming with a snorkel on the surface of water allows the snorkeler to see underwater sights through a diving mask and tube. Snorkelling in Dawki is an adventurous experience that people who are energetic would love to do it. It goes without saying that Snorkeling in Dawki, Shnongpdeng, is nothing like it.
- Snorkelling will individually cost 500/-per person.
- During Scuba diving, the diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus that allows them to breathe underwater without relying on any surface supplies. Scuba diving in the Dawki River opens up a whole new world of pristine freshwater. Beginners will enjoy diving in the calm River of Dawki since its clear, clear, crystal-clear water is a wonderful start.
- Scuba Diving will individually cost 3200/-per peron.
Things To Carry
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Wipes and Toilet Paper
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Good Quality Shoes
- Valid Identity Card
- E-Invite from Meghalaya Tourism App
2,000 per person
Package price may vary at the time of booking.
- Accommodation on a twin or triple sharing basis (Customizable) with Complimentary Breakfast.
- Dinner (Veg) from Camping Package onwards.
- Camping and Bonfire Arrangements
- Equipment Usage in Activities
- Package- Instructions
- Meals other than what is included
- Personal drinks, laundry, porterage
- Cost of optional service or activity.
- Things which are not mentioned in inclusions.
- Travellers visiting Meghalaya are required to register on Meghalaya Tourism App and generate an e-invite.
- You can download the Meghalaya Tourism App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- No reimbursement will be made against missed services.
- Travellers are required to show their valid identity card and the booking voucher at the time of check-in to the campsite.
- You should not consume alcohol or other intoxicants during your tour.
- Unmarried couples are not allowed to stay in one tent.
- Transportation including pick up from and drop to the campsite is not included in the package. ·
- The menu for dinner is not fixed and may vary depending upon availability.
- In case of bad weather conditions, if camping may not be feasible, we will try to arrange a homestay for you and it may incur extra costs payable by you. In the event of non-availability of homestay, the camping booking shall stand cancelled with applicable refunds.
- There may be some days/months during monsoon when private camping may not be available. In that event we will arrange normal camping for you and the amount difference shall be refunded to you within 7(seven) business days in your bank account.
- In case of any unforeseen situation which is beyond our control including bad weather conditions, political disturbance etc., we may change your camping itinerary or dates of travel.
- Parking will be chargeable at Rs.30/- for 2 wheelers and Rs.50/- for four-wheelers.
- Kajaawa is a booking platform and may not be able to monitor the activities at the campsite.
- You must not litter on the campsite and throw it in the dustbin to maintain the area clean.
- The campsite does not have locker facilities so you may keep your valuable belongings with you inside your tent.
- Water activities must be performed with life jackets, gears and equipment under expert supervision.
- In case of bad weather conditions, water activities may not be possible and may get cancelled. In that event, you will get a refund of the payment made for the activity.
- You can reschedule the booking free up to 3 days prior to your arrival, subject to the availability of tents.
- You have to pay 50% of the total tour cost at the time of booking.
- After paying 50% you will receive an invoice of your payment and booking confirmation details.
- There shall be no cancellation charges if cancellation is made 3 days before the date of tour.
- 30% of the total cost as cancellation charges, if cancelled 1-3 days before the tour.
- 100% of the total cost as cancellation charges, if cancelled 0-1 day before the tour.
- 100% of the tour cost has to be paid on the day of arrival.
- There shall be a refund of 100% if cancellation is made 3 days before the tour.
- Refunds will be processed within 7 (seven) business in the customer's bank account.