Adventurous Living Root Bridge Trekking Tour
Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
You will be visiting the amazing city of Shillong and exploring its local culture. You will be taken to Cherrapunji for trekking to reach the Living Root Bridge which is about 3500 steps down. En route, you will enjoy looking at the greenery surrounding the trek path and get a glimpse of the beautiful nature and the crystal clear water running below the root bridge. Visit the incredible root bridge and refresh yourself in the cool and freshwater of the pool beneath the bridge.
Places Covered: Shillong(1N), Cherrapunji(1N)
Activities: Sightseeing, Trekking
Tour Type: Group Tour, Adventure Tour
- Admire the beautiful Umiam Lake in Shillong
- Explore the local culture of Shillong and spend some time shopping in Police Bazar
- Witness the beauty of Cherrapunji’ss natural sites
- Trek down about 3500 steps to see the amazing Living Root Bridge
Adventurous Living Root Bridge Trekking Tour Itinerary
- Begin your tour from Guwahati to Shillong.
- En route witness the beautiful Umaim Lake.
- In Shillong, explore the local culture and spend some quality time shopping in Police Bazar.
- Check-in your hotel and have a restful sleep.
Overnight stay in Shillong
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast and full of energy.
- Drive to Cherrapunji and on way, you will witness beautiful sites.
- Trek down about 3500 steps to reach the amazing Double Decker Root Bridge of Cherrapunji.
- Have a memorable time admiring the beauty of the bridge and refresh yourself in the chill and freshwater of the pool beneath the bridge.
- If you want then you can trek to see the beautiful Rainbow Falls.
- After a tiring day, you will be taken to your hotel for a peaceful sleep.
Overnight stay in Cherrapunji
- Wake up with all the memories of yesterday's adventure and drive to Guwahati for departure.
- Shillong: Hotel Blue Pine/ Hotel Rainbow/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: Cordial Lodge/ JMS Lodge/ Similar
- Shillong: Hotel Holiday Hills / Orange Homestay / Similar
- Cherrapunji: The Cresent Hotel/ Cafe Cherrapunji/ Similar
- Shillong: M-Crown Hotel / Hotel Heiga VNS/ Hotel Centre Point/ Similar
- Cherrapunji: Jiva Resort/ Similar
Things To Carry
- First Aid Kit
- Water Bottle
- Wipes and Toilet Paper
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Good Quality Shoes
- Valid Identity Card
- E-Invite from Meghalaya Tourism App
9,800 per person
10,800 per person
18,700 per person
Package price may vary at the time of booking.
- Accommodation on a twin or triple sharing basis (Customizable) with Complimentary Breakfast
- Transportation with Driver for 10 hours each day
- Tour and Sightseeing
- Parking Charges and Toll Tax
- Entry Fees of all sightseeing spots
- Breakfast in places other than the hotel provided
- Personal drinks, laundry, porterage
- Cost of optional service or activity
- Tour Guide
- Extra Usage of Vehicle
- Driver, hotel or restaurant tips
- Things which are not mentioned in inclusions
- Travellers visiting Meghalaya are required to register on Meghalaya Tourism App and generate an e-invite.
- You can download the Meghalaya Tourism App from Google Play Store or App Store.
- No reimbursement will be made against missed services.
- Travellers are required to show their valid identity cards at the time of check-in to the hotel.
- You should not consume alcohol or other intoxicants during your tour.
- The vehicle allotted for the tour will be available as per the itinerary and not for general disposal.
- In the Northeast, generally, vehicles like Sedan do not have carriers. You are advised to carry one bag per person. Kindly give us prior information in case you have more luggage.
- Delay in arrival due to many reasons including flight reschedules shall have to inform to us at an earliest and in case of any sightseeing spot missed due to any delay including spending more time in one sightseeing spot, will not be refundable.
- Kajaawa will provide accommodation as per the hotels in the list and in case the listed hotels cannot be provided for any reason like unavailability, scheduled or general maintenance, accident at the hotel, risky road conditions due to bad weather or political disturbance, similar hotels will be provided and you will be informed about the changes in advance.
- In Deluxe and Premium Tour Packages, we will generally arrange Deluxe and Premium Hotels but in interior places, we will arrange Homestays, Guest Houses or Standard Hotels as Deluxe and Premium accommodations may not be available in the interiors for any reason.
- In case of any unforeseen situations which are beyond our control including bad weather conditions, political disturbance etc., we may change your itinerary or dates of travel.
- Travellers may have to bear additional expenses in case of natural calamity including situations like changes in the hotel, changes in tour date etc.
- You have to pay 50% of the total tour cost at the time of booking.
- After paying 50% you will receive an invoice of your payment and also booking confirmation details containing your detailed travel itinerary and hotel information.
- 25% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 30 days before the tour starts.
- 50% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 15-30 days before the tour starts.
- 100% of the total cost, if the tour is cancelled 0-15 days before the tour starts.
- 100% of the tour cost has to be paid 1 (one) week before the tour starts.
- Refunds will be processed within 7(seven) business days in the customer’s bank account.